XD-Picture Card is a type of memory card which works on flash technology and used in various digital devices like Digital Camera, Digital Camcorder, Palmtop, iPhone etc. It’s storage capacity is from 16MB to 2GB.
It is preferred choice of photographers to store digital photos because of having high storage capacity as well as portability. Although, it is safe to store digital photos, but sometimes, it gets corrupted and render inaccessible. In this situation, either restore the backup of previous photos or use advanced photo recovery software to recover photos from corrupted media.
Suppose, you are going on a picnic with your friends and you have taken a digital camera to capture some pictures of the picnic party. As per the plan, you captured numbers of photos and returned to home. Next day, while you try to view those photos, it occurred an error saying- “Card require formatting”
The camera use to switch off automatically after showing the above error. You switched it on again and try to view some other photos, but, got the same result; showing the error on camera screen and going in switch off mode.
The above error message is an indication that the card of the camera is corrupted. An XD card is corrupted due to following possible reasons:
- Human interruption while a read/write process is running
- Conking of battery
- Virus Infection etc.
To overcome the above situation, you must follow these steps:
- Connect the XD card of the camera to your computer through card reader and check if the photos are accessible or not.
- If photos are accessible, then take the backup of it as soon as possible.
- In case, the photos are not accessible, then format the XD card in camera itself and avoid overwriting as long as you do not recover lost photos.
- Now, search on the web for any photo recovery software, after finding a suitable one, download and install the software on your computer
- Now, Run the program and scan the XD card.
- It will show preview of all the photos. Select the photos you want to recover and click on recover button to recover them.
- Save them to some location of your choice